The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce a series of video contests to showcase Latvia’s creativity during this period of social distancing and to highlight the best in U.S.—Latvian relations. We invite you to use creativity, imagination, and any compatible online media (video, photo, art, etc..) to produce a vision of the Riga skyline a quarter century from now. Subsequent contests will follow this one.
The grand prize is:
- An iPad (10.2″ 32GB WiFi SpaceGrey).
- A Smart Keyboard for iPad (7th generation).
Eligibility and rules:
- The competition is open to anyone aged 16 and over and who is currently residing in Latvia. Employees of the U.S. Government and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
- Group entries are acceptable, but only one prize will be awarded to the group.
Please note that no registration or participation fee is required to enter this contest. If you would like to participate, simply send in your entries to this email address: email@example.com. Please include the following in the Subject line of you e-mail: American Spaces Video Contest
Deadline and selection:
- Contest entries must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org ends 18 June (send before midnight on the 17th). Please include the following in the Subject line of you e-mail: American Spaces Video Contest
- A panel of judges consisting of the Embassy diplomats and invited experts will evaluate all submitted entries.
- Only one winner will be chosen.
- The video must be in English and cannot exceed one minute in length.
- The video should be no larger than 10 MB and be able to be sent as an attachment. Please save the file with the contestant’s last name only (no long file names, please).
- The video must be compatible with PCs.
- Submissions must be the original work created by the contestant and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright, trademark or otherwise subject to a third party’s proprietary rights.
- The content of all submitted designs must be suitable for a global, public audience.
- The sponsors reserve the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these contest rules.
- Submitted designs must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, profanity, graphic violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion.
- Submissions must also not contain content or images that could be considered abusive or disrespectful to the contest sponsors, or to groups or individuals.
By submitting an entry, the designer grants the U.S. Department of State full ownership rights for the video, including, but not limited to, the free use of the video and other elements by the U.S. Embassy in Riga for any promotional purposes online and elsewhere.
- The video should be playable on PC and iOS computers.
- Submissions must include the designer’s full name and e-mail address.
- Contestants are not required to add subtitles, but doing so will not be a disqualification.
For more details, please visit: