The U.S. Embassy in Latvia sponsors or facilitates a variety of international exchange programs each year in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). These people-to-people exchanges are designed to enhance mutual understanding between the United States and Latvia. The Department of State is committed to supporting alumni of these programs by providing resources that will help them to build upon their exchange experience.
Our goal is to stay in contact with you, the U.S. Alumni Community in Latvia, including U.S. Government (USG) and non-USG sponsored exchange program alumni.
We would like to:
- include you in our Embassy programming. Maybe there is a speaker coming from the United States that you (or perhaps your colleagues or students) might want to hear.
- inform you of upcoming Alumni programs, scholarships, and opportunities
- organize activities that are of mutual benefit to the United States and Latvia
Alumni Opportunities for All Alumni
Former participants in both U.S. government-sponsored and qualifying non-USG exchange programs who are living in Latvia have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities and to receive access to the following:
International Exchange Alumni is the State Department’s official site for alumni of exchange programs sponsored or facilitated by the U.S. government. The International Exchange Alumni online community recognizes the achievements of exchange alumni and provides them access to exclusive benefits:
- Join over 500,000 fellow alumni in this community to connect, get empowered to build on the skills you gained during your exchange experience
- Tap into multiple grant opportunities and participate in alumni-only competitions, including the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund
- Access periodicals, scholarly journals, and articles through Gale and EBSCO’s premiere academic databases
- Get the latest alumni news, including alerts on a live, monthly series called MentorTalks and an audio podcast Voices of Exchange
For further information, please contact EmbassyRiga@state.gov.