The application deadline for 2018 has expired.
The Benjamin Franklin Summer Institutes are intensive academic institutes hosted by a U.S. college or university. These programs are academic in nature, and focus on global issues, in addition to leadership and community service.
The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Summer Institute fosters relationships among the younger generation of Europeans and Americans to build strong linkages and an awareness of shared values. The summer Institute engages 45 teenagers from Europe and ten American teenagers (ages 16 – 18) in a four-week U.S.-based exchange program that aims to reinforce the transatlantic relationship.
During the Institute, participants will explore transatlantic relations, leadership development, critical thinking, diplomacy, community activism, and the media in order to unite young adults around common goals, using the legacy of Benjamin Franklin as a framework.
- 16-18 years old as of June 24, 2018.
- Highly proficient in English.
- Interest in learning about diplomacy, democracy, community service.
- Able to participate in a 4-week program in the U.S. in the summer of 2017.
Requirements for the Video Submission
- Topic: MEDIA LITERACY.
- 1-3 minutes in length, in English, one submission per person.
- Uploaded on Internet and link sent to AlumniLatvia@state.gov.
- in your email include your CV and full contact information.