Hello avid readers and this month also art lovers! April’s book is a biographic look at the American painter and draftsman Jean-Michel Basquiat (1960-1988). This retrospect on Basquiat contains hundreds of high quality prints as well as interesting insights by those he shared his tumultuous eight years in the New York art scene – including Madonna, Debbie Harry, Andy Warhol, and others.
So if you are intrigued, read the details below and sign up!
What’s in it for you?
- A free book, yours to keep, and an opportunity to discuss its contents with other avid readers! Plus, at the discussion session resident art aficionado Benjamin Roth will open the meeting with a presentation on the New York City art scene of the 70’s & 80’s of which Basquiat was an influential and integral player!
How to participate:
- Be among the first eight people to email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, email address and phone number.
- If you are one of the first eight, you will receive a reply from me, Nils, and then you can pick up your book at starting 11.04 at the shop Art Nouveau Riga, Strēlnieku Iela 9 from 10:00 to 18:00 daily, including Sat. & Sun. But you have to pick it up by the 15th of April!
- Read the book (only ~ 35 pages of text this month), and enjoy the art!
- – On Wednesday, the 30th of April at 17:30 meet with the entire group at “SPINOUT” (Miera Iela 19) for Benjanim Roth’s presentation, a short movie clip on Basquiat, and be ready to participate in open and informal discussion.
PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU ARE AVAILABLE ON THE 30th OF APRIL AND YOU CAN BE IN THE MIERA IELA REPUBLIKAS PART OF RIGA BY 17:30 BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! THIS BOOK IS A 60 DOLLAR VALUE, SO IF YOU SIGN UP, YOU HAVE TO COME TO THE DISCUSSION SESSION 🙂
Information Resource Center Director
Samnera Velsa iela 1
Riga, LV-1046, Latvia
Mobile: +371 2920 5460
Phone: +371 6710 7048