Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Riga, Latvia (January 22, 2021)
Event: Latvia Extends Restrictions and Curfew Hours until February 7. U.S. Embassy Riga continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Latvia and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.
On Thursday, January 21, the Cabinet of Ministers extended the previously announced restrictions and curfew until February 7, 202. For the full announcement, please visit: https://www.mk.gov.lv/lv/jaunums/lidz-7-februarim-pagarina-drosibas-pasakumus-covid-19-ierobezosanai.
From January 25 until February 7 updated restrictions include the following:
- Distance learning for grades 1 – 4
The curfew has been extended during the weekends through February 7, 2021. Every Friday and Saturday, those present in Latvia must stay inside his/her place of residence nightly from 10 pm until 5 am. Those found not following the curfew are subject to be fined between 100 and 2000 euros. For more details on the curfew please see our December 30 Health Alert here.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Latvia.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Follow travel.state.gov on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit https://reopen.europa.eu/ for information on border openings and entry/exit requirements for countries within the European Union.
- U.S. Embassy Riga, Latvia
Samnera Velsa iela 1
+371 6710 7000
+371 6710 7000 (after hours)
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +371 2920 5708
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Latvia Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.