Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Riga (March 13, 2020)
Event:On March 12 the Latvian Government declared a State of Emergency until April 14, 2020 in connection to COVID-19 in Latvia. Please visit the English version of the declaration on the Cabinet of Ministers website.
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Riga will have reduced appointments for American Citizen Services. Please visit our website to make an appointment.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control website
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Latvia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- If you believe you may have COVID-19 call the direct emergency number 113 and inform the health care provider about your symptoms and of any recent travel to area COVID-19 affected area.
- U.S. Embassy Riga, Latvia
Samnera Velsa iela 1
+371 6710 7000
+371 6710 7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Latvia Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter