In case of an emergency, please call:
- POLICE at 110 or 112
- Tourist police unit in Riga (assistance for foreigners) 6718 1818
- AMBULANCE at 113 or 112
How the U.S. Embassy Riga Consular Section can assist you:
- Help you replace a lost/stolen passport.
- Assist you with emergency needs that arise as a result of the crime, such as finding shelter, food, or clothing.
- Help you contact your family, friends, or employer if you wish to contact them.
- Provide you with general information about the criminal justice process in Latvia.
- Provide you with information about resources for crime victims in Latvia.
- Provide you with a list of attorneys who practice in Latvia and who speak English.
What we cannot do:
- Provide legal advice or represent you in court.
- Serve as an official foreign language interpreters or translators in legal proceedings.
- Pay legal fees or other expenses for you.
- Request preferential treatment for U.S. citizens in Latvian legal proceedings.
- Provide U.S. citizens services to U.S. resident aliens (green card holders).
Some information resources related to victims assistance in Latvia are listed below:
- Victims Support Center
- Crisis Center “Skalbes”
- Resource Center for Women “Marta”
- Legal Aid Administration
Contact information for victims assistance programs in the United States and internationally is available on: