Victims of Crime

In case of an emergency, please call:

  • POLICE at 110 or 112
  • Tourist police unit in Riga (assistance for foreigners) 6718 1818
  • AMBULANCE at 113 or 112

How the U.S. Embassy Riga Consular Section can assist you:

  • Help you replace a lost/stolen passport.
  • Assist you with emergency needs that arise as a result of the crime, such as finding shelter, food, or clothing.
  • Help you contact your family, friends, or employer if you wish to contact them.
  • Provide you with general information about the criminal justice process in Latvia.
  • Provide you with information about resources for crime victims in Latvia.
  • Provide you with a list of attorneys who practice in Latvia and who speak English.

What we cannot do:

  • Provide legal advice or represent you in court.
  • Serve as an official foreign language interpreters or translators in legal proceedings.
  • Pay legal fees or other expenses for you.
  • Request preferential treatment for U.S. citizens in Latvian legal proceedings.
  • Provide U.S. citizens services to U.S. resident aliens (green card holders).

Some information resources related to victims assistance in Latvia are listed below:

Contact information for victims assistance programs in the United States and internationally is available on: